Sunday 26 September 2010

Little piggies


We went to visit the latest addition to our family this afternoon. One of four little 12 week old pigs that we are going to rear organically outside. The two older boys were excited to meet them and loved it when they jumped about in surprise. Having worked with pigs in the past, it is lovely to see ones with their quirky little curly tails attached. They were uncurling them to good effect to swat flies while they rooted about in the grass.
I do love pigs. They have the best personalities amongst farm animals in my opinion. It will be interesting to see how attached to them we get. I think it's probably best if we don't name our one...

1 comment:

breadgirl said...

Hi Kee
How sweet is this! I love pigs too. I think you are wise not to name your one. Years ago, my sister and her husband had reared a cow for the table. He became a pet and, when the children came in for dinner "Red" would come to the back door and wait by the steps until they came out to play again. Unfortunately and in the fullness of time, Red was the main ingredient of Sunday dinner. Nobody ate dinner that Sunday! "Red" had become a playmate and a friend. Needless to say, my sister and brother-in-law never tried that again!

Enjoy your nameless one. I shall watch with interest so I hope you will keep us updated.

God bless you Kee.