Wednesday 28 April 2010

Poonch and I went swimming yesterday while Roo was at school. It's the first time we've been since he started walking confidently and he was a bit hesitant. Bit dubious about the shower... hmm... frowny little face, bit wobbly in the kiddy's pool: not helped by 'jug', which he insists on bringing everywhere and doesn't help his balance. Just generally not enjoying it. And he usually laughs at the drop of a hat. He's a happy little chap.
He reminded me a bit of Roo, lips going slightly blue, shivering due to lack of movement: he used to move his legs like a frog when you'd hold him up in the water. It didn't help that I'm pregnant and can't carry him all the time like I would have done before he was walking, although the water is brilliant for taking the weight. As I came out of the pool with Poonch, I felt the full force of the weight of both babies and it really struck me what my body manages every day.
I feel guilty about what has happened because it's mostly because I am pregnant that I haven't gone to the pool with the two lads lately and I'm worried Poonch, who was always so comfortable in the water, will have developed a fear of it, just because it's become unfamiliar to him.

No comments: