Sunday 11 April 2010

Divine Mercy Sunday


Well I couldn't make it to the Divine Mercy celebrations as the boys would never sit through 2-3 hours of it, but today at Mass I noticed these flowers on the altar and I thought they were appropriate for the spirit of the day. They are so exuberant and startling just like the graces that flow today.
Two years ago tonight, a complete miracle happened when Roo ended his gruelling habit of waking in the middle of the night for 2 to 3 hours at a time. I put it down to the fact that my Mum and brother were praying for me/ us at the ceremonies that day. I had made the Divine Mercy Novena but couldn't get to the special mass.
I was at the end of my tether and felt abandoned by God in those cold lonely hours I spent next to Roo's cot praying he would go back to sleep. He would start crying whenever I made a movement away from him in the direction of my warm bed. But from that night on he would go to sleep without one of us bound to his cotside and relied on himself to get himself back to sleep when he woke (as all of us do momentarily several times a night).
A miracle indeed.

1 comment:

Gae said...

I would count that a true miracle.
I pray you sell your house soon.
we are trying to sell our house too. Our family is divided with Daddy working away until we sell
I love your images. They are beautiful
Blessings