Saturday 20 March 2010

daphne bholua jacqueline postill ...phew

Bit of a mouthful, but Toby on Gardener's World recommended it last night and it sounds lovely: a fragrant, semi-evergreen shrub that is in flower now, pricey though. Here's a picture from the BBC website. One of the things I am planting in my imaginary garden-in-my-head, until we have one of our own, please God.


The fabulous Alys was talking about hellebores, which will have to find a little shady well-composted spot there too. One is the beautiful pure white Christmas rose and another the more seasonally -appropriate Lenten Rose, Helleborus orientalis.

Here are some pictures of the delightful little lovelies.


1 comment:

kee said...

I think I found this shrub a few days ago. Just a tiny sprig, but it smelled wonderful and looked like the flower in the picture.
I couldn't actually find where it had come from, which made me feel like someone like little Therese was involved.
I had asked her for a rose if I was ever to have a little girl. I think this is her way of letting me know that my request will be answered, but not necessarily the way I hope it will be....