Saturday 10 March 2012

The Novena to St Joseph starts today!


The countdown to our beloved St Joseph's feast day begins today. Being so close to Jesus and Mary makes him a powerful intercessor for us down here on earth.

As ever, Lacy at Catholic Icing has some great ideas for sharing the devotion with your children: something I intended to do, until our printer decided to stop responding this evening. Roo was very impressed with the printer earlier on today though when he scanned in his picture of a roman cavalry soldier and his chariot (above) and then emailed it to Dada and Uncle B.

Today we had a great day at home. Lots of time outside in fresh Spring air and sunshine, messing about with the wheelbarrow, cut grass, sandpit lid (makes a great toboggan: Mum or Dad have to pull it though), digging, squidging soil, planting seeds and cycling/ running/ tractoring laps round the house. Then the lads' newly opened shop and café kept them busy indoors in between times. The little Toot, barely 18 months old had a surprisingly long bout of play in the café, giving very personal attention to some of the customers: spoonfeeding them no less!

4 comments:

Idle Rambler said...

You paint a lovely picture of family life at its best! Your children are very lucky to have you for their Mummy. They will look back on their childhood days with great fondness, I'm sure. Keep up the good work! :-)

kee said...

Thank you Idle Rambler for your lovely comment. Not sure they are that lucky- some days are better than others!
It is great to have you visit. Hope all is well with you.

breadgirl said...

Hello kee
A very Happy St Patrick's Day to you & your loved ones.

I just want to say thanks for introducing me to Blessed William Tirry. I had never heard of him until you told me about him. Anyway, I have just done a quick post on him (I always try to do an Irish martyr on St Patrick's Day). I didn't get time to prepare the post as I would have normally done but I didn't want to miss the opportunity. (I am at present at home because of the death of my younger brother.) I will be returning to Wales on 26th March so back to normal then, please God. Thanks again & God bless you.

kee said...

Hello Breadgirl and lovely to hear from you. I am very sorry to hear about your brother. You and he are in my prayers.
I am delighted to have introduced you to Blessed William. That is very thoughtful of you to write a post at such a difficult time. I am off to your blog now to read all about him!
God bless you and your family.
x