Friday 30 October 2009

Not enough hours in the day...


It's been a while since I wrote anything on my blog, partly because I can't send things from my phone anymore, which was so handy for quickly posting photos of what we were doing. The other reason is that I feel guilty spending time on the computer. Really there is always something that is more pressing or justifiable for me to do than blogging. Usually that involves something fairly boring like, for example, hanging washing on the airers so it can hang there limply and pointlessly for a day or two until I reluctantly have to put it into the tumble dryer. (The weather is too bad to put washing outside on the line at the moment. I must say, I love watching it dancing there on a breezy day. Especially babygros- they look like little fat babies dancing in formation.) St Thérèse's Little Way really comes into its own here: when wearisome tasks fill my time I think of her in the convent doing her chores.
Other important things include looking after the two lads of course, which is not tedious or boring because I love doing it, but is not compatible with sitting in front of a computer screen. Although I am home all day, I don't seem to have time to do all the things that need to be done and finish the day feeling as though I haven't done enough to keep the house tidy, reduce the laundry mountain, banish the dust bunnies and watch my little fellas being little fellas. In the evening I want to spend time and talk with Lee, but often we are both absorbed in something that excludes the other. Am I really bad at managing my time?
Incidentally, perceived lack of time is one reason I don't respond to the lovely comments that wonderful people leave on my blog. But please be assured, Anne, Maria, Mary and anyone else who's been kind enough to say something (and spend the time here), that I really appreciate your words and thoughts and prayers. And in turn I feel privileged to be able to follow your inspiring blogs and share our faith.

3 comments:

Anne said...

What would we do without the company of St. Therese during the dreary chores of the day?

I love the picture with this post!

Mary N. said...

It does seem as if there are not enough hours in a day. I have been limiting my computer time so that I can do everything that needs to be done. Blogging is great...but it doesn't get the dishes done:)

kee said...

That great clock is in the Town Square in Prague, a city we were lucky enough to visit and where we got engaged.