Wednesday, 1 October 2008

Thrifty or scabby?




















I know a little boy who's 6 today and here's the card I sent him. I made it myself. Partly because I thought all the cards in the shops were a bit babyish for him and partly because I'm not very flush at the moment. There is a recession on you know, as Dad would say. Anyway, I hope the recipient's parents don't think I'm too scabby. I don't think the little boy himself will really be that bothered. And he can re-use the stickers if he wants! (Personally, I LOVE homemade cards and am always happy to receive one.) Not that that's a hint or anything...

1 comment:

Maz@styletreaty said...

That's a beautiful card and it always impresses me far more that someone has gone to the trouble of making something rather than pottering into a shop and buying something. It became far too easy for us to throw money at things during the boom, giving people extravagant vouchers instead of taking the time to think about what they might want or need. The recession might bring us back down to earth a bit ;-)